Friday, July 15, 2011

One Day Until Honduras

The mission team from St. Andrews travels to Honduras tomorrow. We will meet at the church at 4:00 am and begin our day of traveling together as a team. Tampa airport, Miami airport, and then Tegucigalpa airport in Honduras.

I've been on vacation. My wife, oldest daughter, and I were on St. Augustine Beach all week. A little fishing, a little poolside, and a lot of sunshine. We got back yesterday, went to a wedding rehearsal last night, and this morning I officiated a wedding of friends of mine, Pastor Mike DeArruda (he was the interim pastor before I came to St. Andrews) and his new bride, Amy. The rest of the day was spent getting ready. Right now, my bags are packed except the few items I'll throw in after I shower in the morning.

This week, we will be stay at a ranch called Rancho El Paraiso. Paradise Ranch. When I was there in 2008 the ranch had wireless internet. If it still does, I hope to be updating this blog all week long. Check back daily. I'll try to post the best photos of the day as well.

Above all, be part of the "home team" and pray for us. Pray for safe travel there and back, of course. But also pray that the mission will go well, that we will forge strong relationships with the locals, and above all, that we will have opportunities to share Christ as the source of our work.

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect..." (1 Peter 3:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment